I have to confess that I didn't manage to complete all the summer sewing I had planned this week. J's skirt fell by the wayside as I just didn't have the time to complete all three items of clothing. I did, however, make P's nightie (she was so please she wore it to bed even though the weather has not really been warm enough yet), and I made myself a blouse (more on that in my next post).
great tutorial for making bias binding, and I made the binding around the neck and arm holes. The only problem was that I let P choose the material, and it wasn't really suitable to make bias binding out of. Don't be put off by the idea that making bias binding is really time consuming, because it actually doesn't take all that long, especially if you only do enough for the garment you are actually making (rather than reams and reams of the stuff).