Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Feminine Hygiene


My project this week are more reusable products of the feminine hygiene variety.  I thought I had better start with how the ones I made last time have gone (don't worry, there will be no gory details).

On the plus side of the ledger, my Mama pads work at least as well as their disposable equivalents, and I suspect in some cases actually work better.  They're easy to use and wash (I soak and then put them in with the other clothes).

On the negative side of the ledger, they are bulkier than their disposable equivalents.  There's no getting away from it, they are less comfortable to wear.  This is the main reason that I don't tend to wear them at work, where it might be a little too obvious ( I do a lot of presenting work in front of young people, the last thing I need to worry about is whats going on down there).

They also move around.  Even the ones that have snap fastenings on them seem to move and curl in and require more adjustment than I like.

So this week I'll try tweaking a few things in my pattern to see if I can address these issues - specifically bulk and movement.  At the very least I'll have a couple more Mama Pads to round out my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...