Monday, October 4, 2010

Wee weka nappies

My week of nappies was a success.  I re elasticated three of my smallest (and oldest) nappies and made a new fitted nappy for J.  I had to explain to P that these nappies were for a very small baby, smaller than our baby and that I would use them when we had more babies.  P was very taken with this idea and declared that we would have four babies (to be fair she can only say 2, 4 and 8).

I used the wee weka small nappy pattern, which you can find here.  Its my favourite small pocket nappy pattern, nice and straightforward, and a good fit.  I prefer to use velcro because I find it gives a much more versatile fit for when babies are smaller.

I also made a fitted nappy with the larger wee weka pattern for J to use at night.  I like fitteds for night nappies because they are a much better fit for the absorbency than pockets, which have the absorbency all in the middle.  I find that pockets tend to sit strangely on J and leak when stuffed, whereas fitteds don't have the same problems with bulk.  I didn't take a picture of it though because it is a bit ugly.  I recycled some bamboo from a previous nappy that just didn't really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...