Saturday, October 9, 2010

Breastfeeding

I came across the baby bump by accident, but what made me want to share it are the breastfeeding stories here.  Breastfeeding is one of those things that end up quite different in reality than you think they will be.  I thought it would be easy.  But for me it was most definitely not.  If I had only one word to describe my first few weeks of breastfeeding (with both P and J), it would be excruciating.  That's a pretty strong word for something that is generally portrayed as a loving, wonderful bond between Mother and baby.  For me breastfeeding was initially like shoving needles through an incredibly sensitive part of your body, and then doing it again and again and again.

But, the excruciating pain decreased as the weeks went by, and then I could feed without pain at all, and enjoy that magical connection that does exist when you breastfeed your baby.  I am so glad that I continued with it, and although it sounds trite, it really was worth the pain.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...