Sunday, July 21, 2013

More squishy knitting

Those of you sharp eyed readers of this blog will have noticed that C was wearing a little headband to go with her birthday dress.  I realised after her birthday that I hadn't blogged about it, so here it is.
I used up the scraps of wool left over from her dress, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Its just a moss stitch band, knitted flat so I could measure it against her head to get exactly the right size - you've got to love first birthdays, when they don't remember that they've already seen their presents a couple of times before.
I then used the variegated wool to make a flower for it.  I used this pattern, but if you search on Ravelry there are heaps of different patterns.  Because I was using up my scraps, I got to the last row, and realised I didn't have enough of my variegated yarn, so I had to use one strand of my blue.  I am so glad that I did.  The little extra bit of colour just makes the whole thing come together so beautifully.  It was a fantastic accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...