Saturday, July 13, 2013

If I don't love it

It isn't coming to our new house.
We recarpeted our entire house last week, and it was incredibly stressful.  It was all the stress of moving, without much benefit - we just bought it back inside again.  And despite the fact that we filled an entire skip bin over the weekend, it seems like we've got just as much stuff as before.  The house is full, and we haven't even got all our things back inside yet.



All of this brings me back to my statement at the beginning of this post.  I had an epiphany while we were moving thing in and out of the house (and into the rubbish).  We have lots of stuff - both furniture and other things - that we've accumulated without thinking too much about them.  But when we move into our new house, I've got an opportunity to really consider my stuff.  My mantra is going to be "if I don't love it, it doesn't come with us", so that I think really carefully about what I have.  We will see how that actually pans out.  If moving is anything like re carpeting, I suspect there will come a stage where I throw lots of random things into boxes and decide to sort them out 'another day'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...