Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trip to Wellington

This weekend just gone, we went for a trip to the Capital.  It was a gorgeous weekend, and as the saying goes, you can't beat Wellington on a good day.  Wellington showed its lovely weather side, and it made me want to move back there.  However, Wellington has another side, and that side is cold, wet and above all else, windy.  If you're wondering if Wellington is as windy as everyone claims, the answer is yes.  Still, even having lived with that terrible weather, when we drove down Ngauranga Gorge and saw the city glittering above the harbour it still pulled at my heart strings.

Anyway, enough about my love/hate relationship with Wellington.  We were there to visit my friend who is due with her first baby next month.
I gave her this nappy, but I am sadly still working on the singlets for her.  We also took the opportunity to visit our other friends who live down there, including my sister.

 But the highlight of the trip for P was a ride on the train.  Wellington has (for New Zealand) a fantastic suburban train network, and P and I caught the train from Linden to Wellington.  She was so excited, and spent the whole trip chattering about what she could see and hear and feel.

It was a good, but hard weekend, because neither of the girls travel well in the car.  As a consequence I got pretty much nothing done last week, and this week doesn't look all that good either with all the packing and unpacking.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Wellington. I lived there for 5 years and absolutely loved it, but just couldn't cope with the weather anymore so had to move back to Tauranga. If the climate of Wellington suddenly miraculously improved, I would move back in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...