Monday, February 7, 2011

Mission Tank for P

In addition to the baby knitting that I completed this week, I also finally blocked and seamed the Mission Tank. that I knitted for P's birthday.  I made a few modifications from the pattern; I added 5 rows to the length of the 3 year old size since P is quite tall for her age.  I also increased the width of the straps since I like them to be a little wider (I think it was 8 stitches rather than 7).  

While knitting the back I got bored doing all that stocking stitch so I decided to incorporate the little row of cats onto the front.  Its my first time doing colour work and I am really pleased with how it turned out.  The pattern is from an old book that I bought from the Hospice Shop, and I just made sure that it worked with the number of stitches on the front.  After I completed the top I wondered if I should have worked the cats across the bodice (above the eyelets) rather than on the body of the tank.  Maybe I'll have to wait and see how it looks on P.
I embroidered the tails in with the yarn to complete them - the tails got progressively better as I went across the front.
All in all, I am very happy with how this came out.  I think P will enjoy wearing this vest over winter, and I'm sure she'll love the addition of the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...