Thursday, September 19, 2013

Barbie knitting

My project this week was to knit some clothes for J's Barbies for her birthday.  I was browsing Ravelry, and came across Stick till Barbie.  Wow! If you ever wanted to knit some Barbie clothes, this is the site for you.  There are over 1,000 patterns on here.  I think I can knit from here for as long as the girls will need clothes for their dolls.  Its a bit of a time waster, but check out some of the patterns!

 So far I have knitted dress 498 (I can't link directly to each pattern, but you can click onto the ones you want on the left hand side).

and I am most of the way through a mermaid tail (pattern 1106), which I think J will love.

I've altered the mermaid tail to knit in the round (the patterns on the site are all knitted flat), using some thick and thin hand spun yarn.  I didn't really like the striping in the yarn, so I still have heaps of it.  I can see plenty more little projects like this to use it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...