Monday, June 13, 2011

Awa Tunic

I have finished my test knit of the Awa Tunic and there is good news and bad news.  The good news is that the pattern instructions seem to work properly, and it looks really nice on J.

The bad news is that it doesn't look how I wanted it to (sorry no photos of J wearing it, you'll just have to imagine).  I had wanted it to be quite loose around the body with some gathering at the top garter stitch row.  Instead it is quite form fitting.  So I will have to go back to the drawing board in terms of stitches etc.

I did also promise P I would knit it for her, so at least I have a reason for a second test knit.  Although if I can't get it right maybe I will just flag it entirely, since I had this idea for another top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...