As promised, I have pictures from my sewing last week. It was supposed to be baby sewing, but it got commandeered by sewing for the swap I am doing. I entered a winter clothing swap for both P and J, and posting is at the end of the month. I have already sewn one of my items, and I decided I needed to get on with the other. Also my baby sewing project was supposed to be shoes, and you all know how I feel about baby shoes. So I went through my pattern collection and came up with this. Don't worry, I'm not giving anything away by showing the pattern, because I made a few modifications. I decided to do a coat based on the dressing gown pattern, but when I opened the packet, I found that the instructions were actually for a completely different top. I figured that it would be easy enough to put the three pieces of the pattern together, and it was.
I sewed a lining and an outer layer, doing the lining first so I could see if there were any issues with the way I put it together, and it was really straightforward. I am extremely pleased with how it turned out. I still have to do the buttons, but that should be fine.
I will post pictures of the final product once it has been received by my swappee. Hopefully I'll also have some lovely winter goodies to share in the next month or so as well.