Thursday, November 18, 2010


I made a lovely pair of baby shoes using this pattern. 

The pattern calls for bonded fleece for the soles, which I don’t have, so I used some cotton batting sandwiched between the two fabrics, so they are all nice and soft on the bottom. 

I got the idea in my head that since baby shoes are small, they would be, if not easy, at least quick.  I was mistaken.  While these are not the most difficult sewing project I have ever attempted, they are not a particularly quick or easy project.  The small size and all the corners makes them a bit fiddly, although it wasn’t helped by my machine having tension problems.  Despite following the pattern pretty well, I couldn’t get mine to sit properly, and I can’t for the life of me figure out what I’ve done wrong, which is always disappointing.  I’m hoping that once I get the hang of these I will be able to make them more quickly, as they are a great way to use up those smaller bits of fabric that you just can't bear to part with because you must be able to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...