Friday, January 18, 2013

Selfish sewing

My project next week is to make myself a top. More from the Simplicity 9502 that I made this blouse out of.


I want this to be my go to top pattern, one that I can whip up knowing that it is going to fit me properly.  In order to do this, I need to make some alterations.  This time around I want to make it smaller.  I cut a size 10 last time but this time I'll be cutting the smallest size that it comes in.  I'm also going to alter the back to be a zip rather than button opening (although I'm actually going to put the zip in the front this time).  For this incarnation I'm also putting in a centre front seam because I need an easy access top for feeding C.  And finally I want to alter the neckline.  I had always assumed that because I am small chested, I didn't look good in a low neckline.  But recently I've worn a couple of tops with a lower neckline, and I've realised that actually a low scoop neck or square neck line really suits me, so I'll also attempt to lower the neckline on the pattern.
I'm not trying to do much am I? I also really want to check the placement of the bust darts when I'm finished to see if they are in the right place and the right depth for my next attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...