Monday, September 6, 2010

Gardening

My project for this week is gardening.  More specifically the vege garden.  We sowed some oats over winter and have dug them into the garden, so it is mostly empty and its a really good opportunity to reorganise before I start my spring planting.  We have a terrible problem with club root on our brassicas, and for the last couple of years we've planted on an ad hoc basis, and it isn't really working out all that well.  The idea is to divide the garden up into rows 50cm apart, with a mixture of long term and succession planting.  Unfortunately the weather is awful at the moment, so I'm hoping it will clear enough for me to really get stuck in and sort it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...