Thursday, October 3, 2013

Flower Press

P and J spent last week with my parents as it was school holidays here.  And it was the perfect time to make J's flower press for her birthday.

I cut up the rose pictures from the book I bought, and then glued them onto the placemats with PVA glue.  I then covered them with another layer of PVA to seal them.  The original tutorial called for modge podge, but PVA is what I had, so that is what I used.

I am pretty happy with how they turned out.

However, you can see that there is a little bit of bubbling under the paper.  I suspect its because I didn't put enough glue on the bottom.  I'm still really happy with them, and I really hope that J will like them.

Hop over to Blackbird has spoken to find more Op Shop finds.

1 comment:

  1. they look great. i know when i was doing up my doll house i had problems with bubbling under paper. usually it seemed to be because of the type of paper i used, but it was hard to tell until i'd used it what paper was ol and what not x


Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...