Monday, January 23, 2012

Maternity/selfish sewing


I'll let you in on a secret -  I don't like maternity wear.  It never fits me properly, I don't know how to wear it right, and it seems such a waste of money to buy something I'm only going to use for a few months.  So when I got out my maternity wardrobe earlier this month I was seriously less than inspired.  This pregnancy is a different season from my previous two, and I am working.  So I need some pants and skirts - rather than the two pairs of maternity bottoms I currently have, that don't actually fit me anyway.

So my project this week is to sew myself something that will actually fit me this pregnancy.

I thought I might adapt this skirt pattern for my baby belly.  We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about maternity clothing. Back when I was pregnant, which was quite some time ago back in the mid-1990's- the maternity wear was still quite awful- the stuff now a days is quite a bit more normal looking (no extra flowery prints, or large arrows), but I see a lot of my younger pregnant friends choosing to wear modified normal clothing to find a good fit. Your skirt pattern looks like it would be a fun one to modify :) I am looking forward to following your blog, your 12 in 2012 series sounds very interesting as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...