Friday, May 10, 2013

Soft squishy knitting love

I've finished C's dress for her birthday, and I love it! It isn't blocked yet, and the yarn isn't quite as green as it looks in the picture but you get the idea.
 I used the Eli dress pattern, but with the sizing modifications set out in the Autumn leaves cardigan, and it seems like it will fit C for her birthday.  It is a little shorter than the pattern called for, because I ended up playing yardage chicken with the variegated yarn.  I also didn't do the rib pattern on the bottom of the skirt, because I didn't particularly like it.  I had intended to mirror the leaf pattern at the bottom, but my yardage issues put paid to that, so the skirt is plain.

The yarn was dyed for me some years ago by the very talented Hannah of Red Riding Hood Yarns, and it so soft and lovely to feel.  I really love the colours, but by holding the variegated yarn double its created more of a flecked look rather than producing some runs of the complementary colours.  I almost wish I had knitted it single, which is a sign that I must really love the colourway.

Overall I am extremely happy with it, and I'm knitting a little headband to use up the last of the yarn.

Joining up with FO Friday, and Creative Friday tonight.


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I think the little seed stitch bottom border is just perfect. Repeating the leaf pattern might have distracted from the bodice. Nope, it's perfect as is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dress! Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...