Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So this is the yarn that I received from my painting yarn swap. I also got a whole lot of goodies (despite there being no requirement for presents). My painting was the Adoration of the Magi by Gentile deFabriano. I saw this at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, and it was just stunning and magestic - encrusted with beautiful gems and gold leaf. Like all my favourite art, it is so much better in real life than in pictures.

My yarn is 4ply Merino, dyed with cake gel dyes, and it looks stunning in the ball. It also came with a pattern for a baby jersey and I've started knitting it up, but I'm not so sure that I like the combination of colours in the finished product. I'll post photos of how its going and I'll decide whether I like it once its all finished and seamed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...