Monday, March 7, 2011

Selfish sewing

My project this week is some selfish sewing.  I am very excited to tackle some clothes, just for me.  My sister gave me a dress that is just too blousey at the top, and I'm going to take it in a little.  I also have some material that I bought ages ago to make myself a new work skirt out of.  I haven't made any adult clothes since before I had children, and I think my sewing skills have improved somewhat since then, so I am very hopeful that this week will be exciting and successful.

Now also seems the perfect time to mention the Sew Convert.  I am in awe of this woman's sewing abilities, a dress a week! Its great reading, and she has plenty of good tips to go with the outfits.  I would love to have a wardrobe that I made myself.  This is definitely a blog worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...